When you have suffered personal injury and loss due to a car accident, you should consult with a successful and accomplished personal injury attorney who exclusively practices personal injury law. An experienced personal injury lawyer who only practices in this area can review the details of your case and help you understand what your car accident case may be worth, as insurance companies tend to undervalue personal injury cases. Since every car accident case is different, there is no exact amount that can be assigned across the board for economic and non-economic damages, but there are guidelines to help determine the fair compensation for your injuries and losses. Those guidelines can help a client understand their case better and an experienced injury attorney navigate through an assessment and evaluation of their claim value.
- Medical Record Documentation of Injuries: It’s imperative to see a doctor as soon as possible after a car accident. Documentation of your injuries is essential to help establish the validity of your injury claim. If you have specific injuries, it is important to seek treatment from a specialist who understands the specific type of injury.
- Diminished Quality of Life and Pain and Suffering: The value of your injury case can be increased significantly based on how it has affected your life, which can involve a number of factors such as whether the injury interferes with your quality of life, exposes you to chronic pain, negatively impacts your normal daily activities, reduces your ability to earn a living and/or provide for your family, and whether you will continue to have pain in the future. In addition to the physical injuries and their effects on your health, the attorney will look at any emotional anguish (pain and suffering) that is caused by your injury, such as emotional distress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, and other psychological factors.
- Fault, Liability and the Cause of the Accident: There are many factors that can contribute to an accident, such as inclement weather, mechanical failure, low visibility, human error, road conditions, the involvement of drugs or alcohol, distracted driving, even certain medical conditions. All of these will be taken into consideration when calculating what your car accident case is worth. Depending on the circumstances of your case, the attorney may be able to establish a theory of bad conduct on behalf of the person who caused the accident which could lead to additional recovery for what’s known as punitive damages.
- Duty. Every driver is expected to take reasonable measures to avoid harming others, such as obeying all traffic laws. This includes:
- Supervising employee drivers.
- Following company safety policies and procedures.
- Following commercial driving safety regulations.
- Driving within the speed limit.
- Watching the road.
- Avoiding distractions, such as texting and driving.
- Maintaining vehicle safety by getting necessary repairs done.
- Stopping at red lights and stop signs.
- Yielding when appropriate
For an experienced personal injury attorney who understands what your car accident case could be worth, contact us today. Our firm exclusively represents clients against insurance companies and corporations in personal injury matters, and our talented and aggressive personal injury lawyers have recovered over $25 million in judgements and settlements on behalf of our clients, including millions of dollars in car accident cases.
At Whalen Injury Lawyers, we work closely with you to make sure your interests are properly represented to the insurance company and, if necessary, to a jury at trial. We always have your best interests in mind and will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. We gladly provide a free consultation with one of our successful and accomplished personal injury lawyers to discuss the details of your case and advise you of your legal options. You can reach us today by calling (720) 307- 2666 to learn more.