When you need a top personal injury lawyer to represent your best interests, you want someone who is willing to fight for you and who is experienced in representing clients successfully. Some factors to consider with any personal injury lawyer you are considering hiring include:
- Does the attorney practice personal injury law exclusively?
- Is there a history of taking personal injury cases to trial with successful verdicts?
- What do former clients say about your prospective attorney?
- Has the firm won any awards in their industry and professional area of practice?
- Is there a history of winning decisions and recovering large settlements?
- Has the attorney(s) written and/or lectured in the personal injury field?
- Are they highly rated and recognized by highly sought after professional designating organizations such as Colorado Super Lawyers, America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, Denver Business Journal Top Forty Under 40, NTL Top 100, Best Attorneys of America (RUE), Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 5280 Top Attorneys in Colorado, NADC Nation’s Top 1%, and High Verdict and Settlement Winners (AIPIA) – less than 2.5% of practicing attorneys in Colorado receive these types of distinctions, is your attorney one of them?
- What percentage of cases are referrals from other lawyers in the community and former clients?
- Are the attorneys in the firm active members of state and national trial lawyer groups – have they more importantly held leadership positions in these organizations?
- Does the firm you’re considering have attorneys that are handling the cases directly themselves rather than staff non-attorney employees. Can you actually reach your attorney by phone or email throughout your case?
Some personal injury firms are what’s known as “settlement mills.” These are firms that spend a lot of money on advertising and focus on getting settlements in very short periods of time without maximizing your recovery, filing a lawsuit or taking your case to trial. They often have non-attorney staff employees or inexperienced associate attorneys working on your case. This may not be in your best interests. Don’t risk the quality of your representation by choosing a lawyer without checking into his or her qualifications, specified area of practice, and proven track record in representing injured clients. Insurance companies have teams of adjusters and lawyers working on their behalf, which usually means settling claims as quickly as possible and paying injured parties as little as possible for their injuries, damages and losses. Make sure you’ve got the right lawyer handling your case – or else insurance companies and their lawyers might not take your case and attorney seriously!
If an insurance company discovers that the attorney you hire has a history of settling rather than taking cases to trial, they will offer as little compensation as possible, hoping to avoid a courtroom trial. You deserve to have someone on your side who is willing and able to protect your best interest and get you the compensation you deserve for your personal injury, even if it means going to trial.
An experienced attorney will be able to accurately assess the damages and obtain a settlement that truly compensates you for all your losses and won’t hesitate to take your case to trial if that’s what it takes. Whalen Injury Lawyers is not afraid to go up against insurance companies; in fact, our firm exclusively represents clients against insurance companies and corporations in personal injury matters.
When you need an experienced personal injury attorney with a proven track record of success who will fight for your best interests, contact us today. Our highly skilled personal injury lawyers have obtained over $25 million in judgements and settlements on behalf of our clients, including millions of dollars in car accident and injury cases. At Whalen Injury Lawyers, we work closely with you to ensure you receive the support you deserve and the representation you rely on. We’re happy to provide you with a free consultation with one of our successful and accomplished personal injury lawyers to discuss your viable legal options and look forward to helping you get the fair compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses. You can reach us by calling (720) 307- 2666 to learn more.